Monday, November 9, 2009

Eastlake QB Staying Local


San Diego QB Staying Local


Brandon Huffman
SuperPrep.com


Chula Vista (Calif.) Eastlake quarterback D'Angelo Barksdale commits to hometown program...

Chula Vista (Calif.) Eastlake quarterback D'Angelo Barksdale won't have to go far to play his college football.

Visiting University of San Diego, a I-AA program over the weekend, Barksdale decided he wanted to be a Torero.

"I visited University of San Diego (Saturday) and committed to them (Sunday)," said Barksdale.

Barksdale, who's led Eastlake to seven straight wins, was impressed with all he saw.

"After meeting with the coaches yesterday, seeing their offensive system, driving around the campus, and weighing my options on the East Coast, I'm committing my future to San Diego," said Barksdale. "I'm really excited and believe USD has everything academically and athletically I've been looking for."

San Diego, traditionally has been strong, and Barksdale is excited about the future there.

"They're having a losing season due to a lot of injuries, but have a winning tradition and have put players in the NFL. I can't wait to get on campus and be a Torero," said Barksdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment